Friday, May 26, 2006

psycho speaks... about schools...

This is an article written by an ex-officematesin ACNielsen about the diff. universities in Manila...

Try reading it, kakatuwa especially the part about NU...



Psycho Speaks
Vol 10

Psycho Speaks...on School Pride

Any of you catch the previous La Salle - Ateneo game? The one where La
Salle blew a 15-point half time lead? The one that robbed many a Green's
wallet and savings accounts of their contents? The one that most of you
rubbed in my face the moment you saw me? Yeah, that one.

Well, it got me thinking of several things. Chief among which was how I
can get away with bleeding Cardona's throat for choking YET AGAIN! But it
also got me remembering about my college days. It seemed like eons ago
and yet some feelings seem so fresh today even after 6 years.

I was a diehard Archer fan back then. Win or lose I'd be at the games,
cheering and shouting for all I was worth. School Pride. You loved your
campus and hated the others.

We all outgrow it eventually. Or do we? Let's test it shall we? Listed
below are several schools and what I think of them. Try to see what you
feel after reading what this jack-off had to say about your university.
Enjoy.


ATENEO

This school's trademark is arrogance. Nothing more, nothing less. I
have, to this day, not met an Atenean who does not think that their school
is THE best there is. Even La Sallites and um, uh, UP people (what do you
call yourselves anyway?) are not this shamelessly boastful. This does not
mean to say however, that they are all pricks and witches. Some of the
best buds I have are Ateneans. All two of them. But come on! Seriously,
the only thing Ateneo can claim to be the best in is creating a 2-hour
gridlock over a road stretching 3 damned kilometers!!!

Oh, and Interdisciplinary Studies is NOT a course. It's Jesuit charity
for the incurably dumb and lazy.

ADAMSON

Hmmm, let's see what I can say about Adamson. Well, there's the fact
their school color is blue like Ateneo. Their team mascot is a bird like
Ateneo. Aside from that, there's not a shred else. Damn this school is
boring.

FEU and UE

Do any of you know what FEU stands for? Forever Useless! Yes, I'm an ass.
But joking aside, the Far Eastern University and the University of the
East are two schools whose names imply that at least one of them was
founded by a group of people who had the creative, artistic, and
imaginative prowess of a pile of rocks.

Seriously though, these are feel good schools. If you don't believe me
try visiting either campus. The moment you see them, you start feeling
good that you don't go there.

UP

Here's a school that, for better or worse, is totally bereft of any
identity. Some people regard it as THE premier educational institution in
the country. There are those who, for good reason, look at it simply as
one big vicious playground. And others see it as a breeding ground for
militant wannabe rebels who try to lobby for whatever cause they deem to
be in the country's best interest. For those of you who can truly relate
with the latter you have to be in your late 40's or 50's. Shit you're
OLD!!! La lang.

I favor the first two views. It really IS the best educational
institution there is. And I'm not just saying that because I'm surrounded
all day by UP graduates who'd just as soon throw me off the 11th floor
balcony given the slightest provocation as look at me. I really, really
do believe...that they will kill me if I say anything bad against UP. Can
you blame me? The only thing longer than the list of UP's distinguished
alumni (Miriam Defensor included) is the list of all the in-campus
violence. There's a psycho lurking deep inside each UP educated
man/woman/child. This will be confirmed by the amount of hate mail I'll
be receiving from them.

UST

Here's a school that will totally drag down one's social status just by
being enrolled in it. I don't care how rich you are or how cultured you
may be, if you're from UST it don't mean shit. That's not necessarily a
bad thing. I know of several obnoxious AB kids who were brought down
several pegs while studying there and are now some of the nicest, most
unassuming people to walk this planet.

It's funny to note how much this place of learning mirrors the current
social state of the country every time the UAAP season kicks in. Come the
basketball tournament, they're all friends. You see them chanting,
clapping, and giving each other high-fives. United by a common goal, the
rich and the poor are united as one. After the event is passed, they all
go back to hating each other.

DLSU

Di Lumusot Sa UPCAT. That's a classic ain't it? It's as hilarious now as
it was when I first heard it in 1994, which is to say, it's about as funny
as getting kicked in the crotch. It's sad to note for a proud alumnus
such as myself that a school with as impressive an academic pedigree as La
Salle has become nothing more than a money-hungry institution whose only
requirements for acceptance nowadays seem to be a pulse, an IQ over 80,
and the financial capacity/ability to pay.

Nowadays, whenever I incounter a person clayming to be from La Sall and
they speech bad, have poor grammage, and cannot spill correctness, I am
not surprice.

NU

I'm not even sure if this place is a real school. And I don't mean that
in a snooty-you're-nothing-compared-to-my-school way. I mean I'm not even
sure this place actually exists. I actually started believing that its
initials really stood for Negative sa UPCAT.

Think about it. Do any of you really know anyone from NU? Do any of you
even know of anyone who knows anybody from NU?

And if any of you even point to their basketball team and the audience
that watches its games as proof of its existence, I beg you to think of
this point. They act like absolute maniacs and they even look the part.
If we go by that, then the National University is not a school. It's a
correctional facility.

CSB

This school has had a bad rep since the day of its inception. Admittedly,
it started out as a place where DLSU can deposit its non-performing
students so as not to give up the sizeable revenues from those hopeless
bastards who have the money to shell out but not the ability to count it.
Everybody knows this already.

What people don't know is that CSB now boasts of fine world class courses
designed to equip the Benildean with the tools necessary to succeed in the
real world. These courses include Basic Arithmetic majoring in the
Multiplication Table, Whining with a specialization on Tantrums, and the
ever popular Strategic Investments: What to do with your Parents' Money.

CRC/UAP

Them Opus Dei folks can slap it with whatever initials they deem fit, it
would still not change the fact that this school will forever be known not
by its academic achievements but more by the fact that it is the only
school with a car to student ratio nearing 1:1. (No my dear CSB students
and alums, that is not read as one colon one.)

The meanest thing one can say about CRC is that it's a school filled with
students rich enough to be Ateneans, but will never be smart enough to be
such. The nicest thing one can say about CRC is that it's near a
Starbucks open until 2 am.


Now I realize I might have offended some people out there. Let me tell
you right now that I am whole-heartedly and humbly sorry. I am sorry that
you have no sense of humor and nobody had the heart to whack your uptight
head when you were growing up.

For those of you did appreciate this, I give seminars on insensitivity and
creatively callous writing. Feel free to email me.

Peace and chill folks.

-psycho!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home